Thursday, January 10, 2008

early pre-resolutions poll results

Brain recently posted about NY resolutions, which got me a-thinking.

Normally, I make my New Year's resolutions around Thanksgiving time. They shortly get revoked by the holidays, so my period of resolve typically only lasts a month. Natually, my resolutions are never too earth-shaking--it's pretty hard to pull off a major reform in one month. But, if I were to moving my resoluting up eleven months, here's what my list would be (so far):
  1. Buy a new calendar.
  2. Get Jeff Lynne elected president. Oh wait, he's British. Jeff Lynne for God, then. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, at least.
  3. Try to get through March without killing Dan Marino, Don Schula, Mike Golic, Kirstie Alley, Valerie Bertinelli, Dick Butkus, or anyone else trying to cash in on New Years insecurity.
  4. Beat the hell out of New Jersey. (Oh wait, that's my New YORK resolution....)
  5. Think about becoming a better person, mentally and physically, but admit that I'll likely go no farther than that.

1 comment:

Brain said...

Part of my reason for giving up on NY resolutions was the realization that I would make plans during xmas break to do all sorts of reading and such between semesters, and finding myself instead sitting on my ass watching tv and surfing the web. I like the idea of "admitting that I'll get no farther than that." I actually took to making lists with the express purpose of not doing the stuff on them. Hmm... maybe I should make some New Year's Anti-Resolutions?