Monday, November 19, 2007

making words towards you

Gosh, I'm all bloggy today!

I wanted to tell you about a conversation I had with my friend Brain. (A little background: Early into our relationship, Brain and I noticed that we tend to say the same things at the same time and find the same things funny--so, we decided that we're the same person. I recently asked Dave and Ben if they're ever thought about WHY Brain and I are the same person. Maybe we have the same kind of brain damage? (No pun intended.))

Brain is also a former Nodakian and recovering English major, and we often talk about language. Recently, he wondered if there was a word for "becoming something you never wanted to become." He mentioned this to a girl in his class, and she posted about it in her blog. So, I asked Brain if there was a word for "a person who tries to get mentioned in other people's blogs so they can then post about it." Take a look at Brain's suggestion and see what you think!

No comments: