Wednesday, November 14, 2007

paperwork

Got the first pieces of paperwork for the new job today. I signed forms giving my projected employer permission to violate my privacy in any way they see fit. I'm supposed to be getting my employment packet soon, and then I get to go pee in a cup.

I suppose I should feel all up-in-arms about the whole thing, but I don't really care. It'd be nice to get some dirt on them in exchange, but I figure I'll be finding THAT out soon enough--I interpolate well. :-) It's the pee test that worries me--not because I've recently consumed any illicit chemicals, but because (as my paranoid Nodakian self) I'm afraid I'll get a false positive, and then I'll have a hassle on my hands. There's nothing a Nodakian hates as much as a hassle. (The state motto is "Peace, quiet, and beer," although probably not in that order.) I think it's been at least a month since I had a poppyseed muffin. Haven't had any cold medication.

1 comment:

Euthanos said...

I think you should bring in food coloring and dye it blue. Make them wonder!